Konica Minolta targets new growth wave with AccurioLabel 230 launch
Konica Minolta has today launched the AccurioLabel 230, a new version of its highly successful digital toner press, to bring important benefits for customers in terms of productivity, flexibility and stability as it continues to accelerate its presence within digital label printing.
The easy-to-operate Konica Minolta AccurioLabel 230, which will be officially shown in public for the first time at Labelexpo in Brussels, Belgium, from 24-27 September, will meet growing market needs for shorter runs and more customization.
Shipments have already started for the new label press that from the outside looks identical to its predecessor, the Konica Minolta AL190, which has been developed and manufactured in Europe with Danish firm Grafisk Maskinfabrik (GM).
The enhancements of the Konica Minolta four-colour AL230 include:
- Speed. The 23.4 meters/min speed represents a 73% increase because most of tack paper and films (including PP, PET and YUPO) can now be printed at full speed.
- Productivity. It can continuously print up to 1,000 meters without the need for recalibration, as well as the possibility to switch between two different paper widths (from 250 to 300 mm)
- Overprinting. Adding this option allows the AL230 to print seamless on media pre-printed by conventional printing. For example to print on a white background
- No warm-up/less waste. The time taken between jobs has been eliminated, thanks to the fuser being kept warm for up to 30 minutes
- More accurate print registration. A built-in speed detector for media feeding also cuts paper wastage
The AccurioLabel 230 has been built on the Konica Minolta highly acclaimed AccurioPress engine technology well known for its exceptional print quality and substrate compatibility. It is targeted at small- and mid-range segments and is suitable for label printers, print providers, brand owners, packaging companies and commercial printers.